Editor for long-established community newsletter
Skills and qualities required are:
• Excellent knowledge of English, particularly grammar, punctuation and spelling;
• Good level of computer literacy;
• Very good word processing skills, including typing and layout;
• Ability to write articles;
• Good organisational skills;
• Ability to keep to strict deadlines;
• Good knowledge of local issues;
• Strong commitment to the community.
Principal duties are:
• Assessing incoming submissions;
• Delegating some submissions to other members of the team;
• Putting submissions into preferred Newsletter format;
• Selecting cover topics and liaising with designer;
• Liaising with layout manager;
In addition there are some administrative/managerial duties.
The majority of the work is carried out over an eleven-day period around Newsletter deadlines and is estimated to take an average of around 55 hours per Newsletter issue.
Remuneration is negotiable.
The position is available on a self-employed basis, with the successful applicant working from their own home or office.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 10th June 2018
For further details and how to apply, please go to www.kinrossnewsletter.org